
Lounging in her robe
Miia's "Mat Sandwich"
Miia loves Sofie, my giraffe
Miia's new favorite toy--the laundry basketOur little girl is so active, full of joy, and growing at lightening speed. Her 7 month stats:
- Weight: 15 lbs 13 oz (25th percentile)
- Height: 27" (75th percentile)
- Eyes: still brilliant blue
- Hair: Finally growing, although the mohawk is more apparent. The color seems to change by the day, but it's somewhere between blond, light brown, and strawberry blond.
- Clothes: Finally made the transition to 6-9 month (so fun to have a whole new wardrobe every few months!)
- Number of teeth: 2 (bottom middle)
- "Words": dada, aiti (mom in Finnish)--ok, so maybe that is a stretch, but it sounds like she's saying it so I'll take it!
Miia and I spent a weekend in LA for Katie McNayr's baby shower. We had a blast with Michelle's boys, Tommy and Erik. I was so nervous about flying alone with Miia, but she once again was fabulous on the plane, even with a 2 hour delay on our way home. I am so blessed with a baby who rarely cries.
Michelle, Katie, Joni, Miia and I
Play time in the shadeMiia had her first sickness. She threw up several times and now she won't eat avocado. We couldn't figure out what caused the sickness, but after Miia's latest appointment with the doctor, he did say that a virus was going around at that time that cause vomiting. Amazing, what kids can catch.
We went to Auntie Tara's baby shower and Miia got to ride on a very large dog. Her love for dogs is so apparent by the way she squeals with delight when she sees them. I'm glad she isn't afraid of them.

We celebrated Jason's 32nd birthday by miniature golfing. Miia hung out in her stroller and watched her daddy lose to mom by 9 points. I really wanted Jason to win for his birthday, but how many sixes could I let myself get before it was obvious?
Miia watches as daddy takes a putt
Miia is enthralled by mini golfMiia finally got to meet my cousin Eric, who has been in Germany with the Army for the past year.

Miia tried on grandma's dress that Carol wore when she was a baby.


The last weekend of August, we had family from Finland visiting. Pipsa, Samu and Satu, and their son Kivi. It was amazing to watch Kivi, a 2-year old, swim like a pro. Apparently they taught him to swim starting at 3 months--I'm so behind!
Miia and Kivi play at Mummi'sWe had another playdate with Peyton and the girls are so fun to watch. They love to babble to each other, touch each other (Miia still tries to eat Peyton), and have even started to take each other's toys. I read that they don't understand the concept of sharing for a couple of years, but I see trouble looming...

Peyton is letting Miia know how she feels after Miia took her toy. Miia responds by trying to eat her.




No comments:
Post a Comment