So it happened. Our precious little girl, who was so content laying in one place in the position we set her in, has taken the first step towards...well, taking her first step. On Tuesday, May 11, 2010, the future first female President of the United States of America rolled over from her front to her back. According to Mummi Kaija, she actually accomplished the feat on Monday, but Tuesday marks the first parent-verified rolling over. Fortunately, Dad was there with the video camera to capture the moment. Check it out below.
She promptly followed this up by rolling over from her back to her front the next day, but neither Kirsti nor I was there to see it take place. I never thought I would be one of those dads who bragged to people about things that at some point every human being must do to stay alive, but here I am and there is no turning back now.
In other family news, I got my first official post-LASIK eye examination today and my eyesight is 20/10. I could literally spot a field mouse while flying 100 feet overhead -- literally. For anyone reading this considering the surgery: go for it. It is great to not worry about contacts or put on glasses first thing after waking up.
Kirsti has completed her second week back at work and has already gotten sick. She has been holding and feeding Miia while wearing a surgical mask. It's quite a sight and I will spare her by NOT posting a picture of it. I do feel bad for her and hope it passes soon.
That's all I've got for now. I will probably relinquish blogging duties back to Kirsti next time so stay tuned for more informative and less sarcastic updates coming soon...
In other family news, I got my first official post-LASIK eye examination today and my eyesight is 20/10. I could literally spot a field mouse while flying 100 feet overhead -- literally. For anyone reading this considering the surgery: go for it. It is great to not worry about contacts or put on glasses first thing after waking up.
Kirsti has completed her second week back at work and has already gotten sick. She has been holding and feeding Miia while wearing a surgical mask. It's quite a sight and I will spare her by NOT posting a picture of it. I do feel bad for her and hope it passes soon.
That's all I've got for now. I will probably relinquish blogging duties back to Kirsti next time so stay tuned for more informative and less sarcastic updates coming soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment