A 3 month visit from Grandpa Gary
Tomorrow Miia is 3 months old! Her fascination with her hands is probably one of the biggest developments (along with the cutest giggle ever). She stares at them and tries to put them in her mouth all the time as witnessed by the video below and she is getting better at grabbing on to her toys and bringing them to her mouth. When I read to her, she tries to eat the books, making her appear even hungrier than the main character from The Very Hungry Caterpillar (the book she is reading)! From reading...
...to eating
Miia has also graduated to her jumper. She is a bit small for it, so we place a blanket behind her back and under her feet, but she loves to bounce and play with the toys that are on it. In addition, she loves to stand and walk with our support. It's hard to keep this little mover still!
Miia had a doctor's appointment last week and received her first immunizations. It was so hard to watch, but after a few minutes of crying, she calmed down and was very sleepy for a couple of days. We found out she is 12 lbs 10 oz and 24" long. She is in the 75th percentile for height and weight and 50th for head circumference. A couple months ago Miia developed a birth mark on the top of her head, but the doctor believes it is the kind that will go away by the time she is two and it should be covered by her hair line anyway. So, no she didn't scratch herself and I didn't hit her on the head, as many people have asked.
The next day, Jason had his Lasik surgery. I watched and was so horrified when the doctor pulled down a flap of the front of Jason's eye that I had to go sit down. The first day was a little blurry and Jason's eyes were dry and uncomfortable, but by the next day he was able to see better than he ever could with contacts. He is so happy with the results.
The next day, Jason had his Lasik surgery. I watched and was so horrified when the doctor pulled down a flap of the front of Jason's eye that I had to go sit down. The first day was a little blurry and Jason's eyes were dry and uncomfortable, but by the next day he was able to see better than he ever could with contacts. He is so happy with the results.
On Saturday, Miia helped her Grandma Carol celebrate her birthday, but for some reason she cried every time Carol held her. The only person able to keep Miia from fussing was Grandpa Jim. Hopefully on Mother's Day, Miia will be a little nicer to grandma :-)
Unfortunately this week also marked my return to work. Fortunately I'm only in the office on Mondays and Wednesdays for this month, so I am still able to be at home with Miia most of the week. When I'm in the office, Miia's Mummi (my mom) is watching her and hopefully teaching her Finnish. The first day was a little rough, partially because Miia doesn't take a bottle very well from others but also because Miia and Mummi need to get into a schedule that works for them. She went to bed so early that night, so she must have had fun! Today was my first day working from home and it went far better than expected. I only work 4 hours, which is the perfect amount of time, since I can work during Miia's naps and still have plenty of quality time with her. I'm not sure how the household chores I was doing before will get done, but since I need to work at this time, I couldn't ask for a better schedule.
I say this blog is also about Lexi, the dog, but I never include a photo of her. Lexi is adjusting to Miia, but I know she's jealous and feels left out, despite the fact that I try to walk her when the weather permits. Once Miia gets older and can play with Lexi, I'm sure they'll have a blast!
I say this blog is also about Lexi, the dog, but I never include a photo of her. Lexi is adjusting to Miia, but I know she's jealous and feels left out, despite the fact that I try to walk her when the weather permits. Once Miia gets older and can play with Lexi, I'm sure they'll have a blast!










I love all the pictures and stories! I had some catching up to do. Miia is such a joy and blessing to my life! Amazing how much she has already changed from the first pictures! Cuter and Cuter!
ReplyDelete