Friday, April 23, 2010

11 Weeks


Time is flying by and Miia seems to grasp new concepts daily. She follows objects with her eyes and loves when I read to her. She is also reaching for her toys and grabbing hold, making play time more fun for her. One of her favorites is a Lamaze toy that is full of colors and textures. She holds up her head so well and tummy time makes her that much stronger. Last week was so beautiful, that we went for quite a few walks and Miia would spend the first half looking all around her taking in the wildlife on our trail, and the second half, she would fall asleep. I estimate that she's about 24" long and 12 lbs, but I won't know for sure until we go to her doctor's appointment next week.


Reading Bambi

Daddy and Miia get some play time

Miia grabs onto her toys

Last Saturday Robin and I took Peyton and Miia to the outlets. By the time we finally got out of the house and grabbed a bite to eat, it was time for the girls to eat again, followed by a diaper change. We only made it to a few stores, mostly baby stores, before it was time to head home. It was a gorgeous day, so it was nice to get the girls outside, but the outing reminded me of how different it is to have a child in tow (not that I'm complaining, because I love having Miia; it's just different).

Jason had to work last Sunday, so I took her to church by myself. From the moment we sat down, she fought sleep, and cried loudly through a prayer. My uncle Rob walked her out and everyone chuckled, because I know all they could hear was the crying. I joined them in the nursery after communion and there we stayed for the rest of the service, but she did finally fall asleep.

Miia hit another milestone as well--sleeping in her own room for naps and even at night. Tuesday, April 20 was her first night to sleep alone. It was probably harder on me than on her, mostly for emotional reasons, but also because now I have to actually get up to feed her and change her diaper. With the co-sleeper I just rolled over and picked her up, so it is definitely an adjustment for me. We've also been concerned about her tummy, so I've decided to try a dairy-free diet. Cheese is one the staple items in my diet and ice cream is always my nighttime treat, but if it makes my baby feel better, then it's worth it. Though reading labels looking for dairy items isn't my favorite pastime, at least it will help with my weight loss!

Miia sleeping in her crib

On Thursday, I had the joy of babysitting Peyton for the day and I had Miia with me. The girls did amazingly well, because while one was sleeping, the other was awake, meaning I could give each girl 100% of my time. I wouldn't wish for twins, but at least now I know I could handle it if I had to :-)

I have one short week left until I return to work part-time. It will be yet another adjustment for Miia and me. However, knowing her Mummi (my mom) will watch her, gives me some comfort. At least it's someone Miia already knows and she is still so young, that I'm sure she will be just fine.

In other news, Jason has scheduled his Lasik eye surgery for next week, so this week he is sporting his glasses in preparation. It will be the first time ever that he will be able to see without the help of contacts or glasses, at least that is our hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment