Time is flying by as I care for Miia. She is 7 weeks old tomorrow. Her weight on our Wii Fit was about 10-1/2 lbs and we measured her at nearly 23 inches. She smiles and laughs a lot, especially at grandpa Gary's goofy baby voice. She adores it and I know he adores her! I am getting more comfortable taking Miia out, so she has accompanied me to several restaurants and the grocery store. I try to plan it so she'll be sleeping, but at a dinner with Robin and Jesse, she cried nearly the whole time. Sometimes there's just nothing you can do! A couple weeks ago Miia made her debut at church, but it was a short-lived service for her and I when she decided to pass gas loudly during communion. Once I got her changed, she wasn't a very happy girl, so we stayed in the nursery for the sermon. After church she was passed around and she survived, so I guess it's ok to let others hold her after all :-) She is also enjoying the play mat more, although she doesn't understand that her hands can make the toys move yet. I'm sure she'll get there soon, but I'm not rushing anything.
This past weekend Miia went with us to Tahoe for my parent's birthdays. We stayed in a townhome near the lake with 10 adults and she was wonderful. As far as I know, no one heard her during the night (I didn't, so I hope they didn't!). We took a long walk on Saturday and grandpa Gary gladly pushed her. I never made it over to the casinos because I just didn't want to leave Miia behind, although I am sure at least one of my family members would have loved the opportunity to watch her.
Miia had her first play date this week. She joined her friends Lauryn, Katie, and Makaiya while I joined three of my friends for some adult conversation. I tried to get her on the floor to play, but again, that hand-eye thing just isn't there quite yet and my arm is holding her up in the photo below.
Jason and I will be going on our first date tomorrow night since before Miia was born. The Kinkle grandparents will have the joy of baby-sitting Miia while we go to dinner. It will only be my second time leaving without her and though it will be nice to get out baby-free, I know I'll miss her. If I am like this about leaving her for a couple of hours how will I be when I return to work in 5 weeks? At least I have some time before that happens...





No comments:
Post a Comment