Tuesday, March 9, 2010

4 Weeks and Counting

It is hard to believe Miia is a month old now. The time has flown by and every moment has been so precious, even when she's crying. She is holding her head up so well and smiling a lot. I'm just waiting for her to find her voice so that she can realize that she can laugh out loud. She loves to be cuddled and played with. She attended her first wedding this past weekend in LA. She slept for the whole drive there and back except for when we fed and changed her. I hope she loves the car like that for a long time, because we do a lot of road trips. She was one of two kids at the wedding so everyone was very taken with how good she was. There was only one moment during the best man speech at the reception that she got upset. As soon as I took her to a quiet spot, she calmed right down. My friend Cass took over while I went to eat and by the time I got back, she was asleep so she was able to join the party once again. I was so proud of her and so happy that my friends were able to meet her.

Yesterday I took her to Jason's work to show her off to his coworkers. Everyone commented on how much she looks like Jason, which is what I hear all the time. She still has her blue eyes, so we're hoping they stay (although she'll still be beautiful even if they turn brown like mine). Today she had the opportunity to see where I work. She didn't like being on the production floor with all the noise (and possibly smell of plastic), but I had the chance to hear that I was missed and I know that all too soon I will be heading back to the office and have to leave my little one with someone else. I try my best to make the most of every day with her now.

Jason and I are taking well to being parents. Jason started reading the children's Bible to her in the evenings and I am trying to do some sleep/feeding scheduling to make our life less chaotic. We've had more visitors and we're trying to get out of the house more often. I think very soon we'll be able to have a bit more of a social life as we're learning she can fit into our lifestyle better than imagined.

Miia meets my cousin Krissy and my boss Brian and their kids, Lauren and Lani

Miia and daddy at her first wedding

Miia gets to meet my friends Alec and Katie. Alec kept Miia entertained for at least an hour at the wedding.

Cass gets some time with Miia too

This was par for the course on the drive to and from LA, which was wonderful!

Tummy time! It only last for about a minute, but her neck is getting stronger!

Miia rolled over from her tummy to her back and she was happy again. I couldn't get her to repeat the move, but I was still a proud mom!

1 comment:

  1. She is just precious Kirsti. I love the look of excitement in this bottom one. She looks so much like the both of you. I can't wait to squeeze her and kiss those cute little cheeks again.

    ReplyDelete