Friday, February 19, 2010

Life with Miia

Miia is now 2 weeks old had many "firsts." She fits right in with our family, but we still haven't resumed life as normal, because Miia has yet to see the inside of a restaurant or store. Jason has been working from home all week. Although he had to work, just knowing he was there was so helpful. He also brought me breakfast in bed every morning and made us lunch and dinner. I tried to do as much for Miia and myself as possible because I knew the time would come when he'd return to the office and all the responsibility would fall on me.

Jason and I have adjusted to having someone else to care for. It is so time consuming, at least for me, but we really enjoy it. Jason tries to comfort Miia when she cries, but it usually comes down to the fact that she's hungry, so he can't do anything for her. He's so good with her though! I love being a mom and having this time with Miia. My tailbone is still very sore, but I can tell that I'm finally healing. I have lost all the baby weight, plus some, so I am happy about that and hope to continue the trend. I just need to find the time to work out to try to get in shape. We took Miia for a walk one day and she loved it, but the next time, she cried the whole time and it was painful for me, so I ended up turning around early and Jason and Lexi went back out for a longer one. Just one of many changes we've had to make for our little one!

She loves her swing

Miia (on right) meets her friend Peyton (on left)

We give Miia her first bath--she's not too thrilled

Miia loves to sleep with me--I'm sure I'm starting a very bad habit!

Miia loves her daddy!

She is so sweet as she sleeps

This is pretty much par for the course over the past 2 weeks

4 comments:

  1. I love the updates...keep them coming! Strange, but I've been checking regularly and non of the posts were visible to me until today...but I was really excited to read everything and finally hear your birth story and see more pics of Miia!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's precious! You lost all your baby weight already? WOW! :) Love you! linds

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you lost all of your baby weight?!? :) love reading the update... love you! linds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that picture of you all asleep!!

    ReplyDelete