After much consideration, I made a huge change in my life to be able to stay home with Miia. I was at PRe Plastics for 7 years, but decided to quit and become a part-time, work-from-home mom. I am now working for GMAT Club as Director of Partnerships and Marketing. The company helps students study for the GMAT, a required test for MBA programs. It also gives people the tools they need to apply for top MBA programs. The company has been expanding and they needed a part-time position doing marketing, and the timing was perfect for me. It was sad to say goodbye to my old co-workers, but the reward is spending more time with my daughter, and nothing can replace that.
I had to stay late at work one night, so Jason brought me dinner and Miia so that I could see her for a little bit before she went to bed. She played in my office while I finished up some work and found the toaster oven on my floor (used for work matters, not my lunch :-)), which in hindsight probably wasn't the smartest thing because her clothes ended up black from dirt and dust, so I can't even think about her hands that go from floor to mouth in milliseconds.
I had to stay late at work one night, so Jason brought me dinner and Miia so that I could see her for a little bit before she went to bed. She played in my office while I finished up some work and found the toaster oven on my floor (used for work matters, not my lunch :-)), which in hindsight probably wasn't the smartest thing because her clothes ended up black from dirt and dust, so I can't even think about her hands that go from floor to mouth in milliseconds.


I went to Seattle for training the day after my last day of work with PRe Plastics. I was able to spend some time with Cass, but mostly spent the weekend training. Poor Cass had to juggle her son Alex and Miia, who is in a "I want Mommy" phase. She was ultra whiny and so mobile, that she ended up with a couple of bruises on her forehead (you can see the one in the middle in most of the pictures below). Last week I had my first week of work and so far I love the new career path. It's still a struggle to balance mom and work, but I'll get a good schedule going eventually.
Here are pictures from our trip to the pumpkin patch in Seattle:




No comments:
Post a Comment